April 1, 2011

Satisfying Friday Shuffle.

I know, I know... I haven't been around in a while. But I won't dwell on false promises of my regular return. This is only a quick visit to say how wonderfully my mind was blown during my Friday morning commute by none other than...

...my iPod's shuffle setting.

Ok, let me explain my exuberance over this seeming trifle. For the past...week? month?...I've been listening to the same 10-15 songs over, and over, and over, ad nauseam because I just wasn't feeling most other songs that popped up on my computer's iTunes or my iPod (the classic edition, none of those fancy-schmancy touch screen shenanigans here, thank-you-very-much!).

But this morning, I broke tradition and took a gamble that paid off (I thought) very well. Instead of listening to NPR during my morning commuter, I broke out the iPod and the AUX output jack and set it up to shuffle.

Wow. Best 20-minute drive of the week. It's insane how omniscient the shuffle setting is at times, playing just the right songs to capture a prevailing mood or to set the mood for the day.

And so, for all posterity to see and have what-in-the-flying-tarnation-made-that-shuffle-so-good-on-that-particular-morning ruminations about, I present the "Satisfying Friday Shuffle Playlist":

Satisfying Friday Shuffle Playlist

"Cold Eye" - The Cave Singers
"Lucky Man" - Emerson, Lake & Palmer
"Sun in My Mouth" - Bjork
"Where You've Been Hiding" - Architecture in Helsinki
"On Ships of Gold" - Black Heart Procession
"O.K." - Michael Penn


And that's it.

2 comments:

Lauria said...

Hey!! It's good to see you post again!! Miss you!

Allison said...

Thanks, Lauria!

For the past week or so, I've had some fairly hilarious conversations with a coworker about ideas for her blog.

And then it struck me -- why aren't I writing about these things myself?

If the inspiration strikes me, you may see more here soon...hopefully. :)

Thanks for dropping the note!