October 13, 2009

Everything is better with baby turtles.

Last night I dreamt that I stumbled upon the gates to Hell, and they were surrounded by gorillas. Big, mean gorillas. I was kind of worried, but I didn't stick around long because I knew I had an appointment to get to at 6 p.m. It was already 5:26, so I had to hurry. I couldn't remember what the appointment was, though, so I looked in my day planner. It read:

Oralogist
5:30 p.m.


Oralogist is, obviously, dreamspeak for "dentist." I worried about being late to my appointment, and felt stupid for remembering the time incorrectly, but I HAD to go to the dentist. So I hopped in my car and drove to the "dentist's office," which was actually an office hallway that led to a dirty, hectic kitchen.

Once inside, I adopted two baby turtles. The dentist examined both turtles, deemed them healthy and then dropped them into a fish bowl filled with orange juice. The two turtles became one, the fishbowl became an aquarium, and the orange juice slowly transformed into water. I was excited to take the turtle(s) home, but wasn't sure how I'd carry the aquarium back to my car.


Whatever that means, it made for a very topsy-turvy morning for my brain when I finally woke up. I forgot to put on eyeliner, and then I left my cell phone at home.

But, man, those baby turtles were cute.

No comments: